Whoever You Are by Mem Fox

illustrated by Leslie Staub 

Multicultural Book 

 Amazon.com: Whoever You Are (Reading Rainbow Books) (8601404297175): Fox,  Mem, Staub, Leslie: Books

This short story teaches a message of love and acceptance for anyone and everyone in the world. The illustrations use diverse children and show different situations other than what may be seen as typical. It uses a lot of repetition in order to impress upon the reader the importance of the words and their meaning. I think this book would be great for Pre-K and Kindergarten aged children. I would use this book at the beginning of the school year when students are first meeting new peers and learning to respect one another. I think it could also be used toward the end of the year as a send off book as students are moving onto different classrooms or even schools. I would use this book because the illustrations are inclusive for every student that I may have in my classroom and I love how simple the book is, yet it has plenty of depth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to Know Me!

Frederick by Leo Lionni

Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10 by Judy Finchler