Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary

1982 Newbery Medal Winner among others

Newbery book

Ramona Quimby, Age 8 | Blooming with Books

This chapter book from the collection of Ramona books was focused on the many changes in Ramona's life as she is now 8 years old. Her father is now attending university courses so he can finally do what he loves, her sister is no longer at the same school, and her mother must work full time to help keep the family afloat. The reader follows along as we learn about all the crazy, but common things that happen in Ramona's life. In the end, Ramona and her family go out and enjoy dinner as a family. 

I think this book would be suited for students who are in third through sixth grade, depending on their reading level and interests. I don't think this book would be well-suited to work into a curriculum because it is mainly read by young girls, rather than it being of interest to both boys and girls. I think it would be a fun book for students to read at their leisure or within classroom reading time, such as silent reading of their choice. Depending on my students' interests, I may include this book in my class one day because I think plenty of students would enjoy it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to Know Me!

Frederick by Leo Lionni

Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10 by Judy Finchler